Diocese Provides Narrative
Still struggling with a Narrative Budget for your
Parish? Think there’s a lot of difficult work involved?
There’s help close at hand, and an opportunity
not to be missed! A Narrative Budget is a wonderful way to show
how people give through the church, not just to the church.
The Diocese of Niagara is announcing a Narrative
Budget Toolkit that’s available:
- in the column to the right of this article
- in a manual from the office of Stewardship and Financial Development
The Toolkit consists of downloadable files, presentations,
and templates to help make your narrative budgeting task as easy
- a PowerPoint presentation for your Corporation and
Parish Council meetings
- sample text files for your parish brochure and parish
- an instructional template showing how you can allocate
- sample pie chart and graphics
- a user-friendly template that you can use to plug in
your own figures.
A Narrative Budget won’t replace your parish’s
current line item budget. But it’s an excellent additional
resource for answering some of the questions that parishioners
may ask about how their donations are used. It tells the story
of what is being accomplished in your parish ministries, and conveys
that story through various reports and communication.
For more information call the Office of Stewardship
and Financial Development (905) 527-1316 ext 360